Pemanda Monappa Scholarship
With effect from March 25, 2010, the ‘Pemanda Monappa Schoalrship’ instituted in the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, by Mr.P.M.Belliappa, former President ABS Chennai, in memory of his father, late Pemanda Kutappa Monappa, a highly decorated and respected member of the Indian Police establishment.
· The Scholarship, in perpetuity, shall only be awarded to Indian citizens who have completed a first degree at a recognized university located in the States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala or Tamil Nadu, who have been admitted to graduate studies in Cambridge, and who have demonstrated financial need.
· The Scholarship covers university tuition fees, college fees and allowances paid to scholars for living expenses in Cambridge.
· One scholar at a time in residence at Cambridge will be supported.
· Scholars will be supported annually by the scholarship until completion of their postgraduate studies at Cambridge. Studies may not be interrupted unless in exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the scholar, and with the approval of the Trust.
· Selection of scholars will be made by the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust in a transparent, fair and objective manner.
· Due publicity will be made in India and wherever necessary, every year, such that eligible candidates will have reasonable opportunity to learn of the scholarship and apply for it.
- The Scholarship shall be open to men and women.
- Students applying should have secured a first class or equivalent in their first degree examination.
- The scholarship will be available for study leading to a Master’s degree in any of the following subjects: English Literature, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences (excluding medicine and veterinary medicine), Economics, Computer Science, Law, and Technology.
- The candidate should not have exceeded the age of 25 years at the time of applying.
- Candidates must meet the admission requirements of the University of Cambridge and gain entry to the University in the usual way.
- The decision of the Trust shall be final, no appeal being entertained.
For more details please visit https://www.cambridgetrust.org/partners/pemanda-monappa-scholarship-fund