ABS Travel Grant (General Category)
The ‘Travel Grant’ is aimed at assisting persons who have a skill or talent in an area that may not necessarily be their main vocation, and who need an opportunity to visit UK to interact with experts, peers or get trained in a relevant institution with a view to upgrading that skill.Briefly, it is aimed at persons who have no organized support system, but are ‘special’ in their chosen field of activity.
- No age restriction, but preference will be given to persons not exceeding 40 (forty) years of age.
- Should be physically fit to undertake international travel.
- Should not have travelled to UK on any scholarship, fellowship or programme.
- Should not have any organized line of support, like access to any other scholarship or possibility of nomination from any organization.
- Should have done significant work and shown excellence, preferably but not necessarily, in an area, other than one’s chosen profession.
- The Committee at its discretion reserves the right to relax any of the above conditions in the case of a deserving applicant.
- The decision of the Committee shall be final and non appealable.
DETAILS OF GRANT:
- Air fare for an Economy Class air ticket from [Chennai-London-Chennai].
- Stipend in Pounds Sterling (GBP) after assessing the requirement of the Grantee.
- Number of Grants – One 
- The ‘Awardee’ shall make own arrangement for visa, boarding & lodging, local travel in the UK.
- The Awardee shall return to Chennai immediately after the course and also become a member of ABS.
- On return the ‘Awardee’ will submit a detailed report and present his / her experience and other significant inputs gained in UK, at an ABS Chennai, event.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications to be sent to the Hon.Secretary ABS Chennai, when announcement is made. For 2018, the last date is 5th Aug, 2018.